Saturday, January 25, 2014

Melbourne Street Art - Melbourne Part 2

One day I did a solo trip into the city.  On my list of things to do were…

- See street art
- Take pictures of street art
- Then check out some more street art

Melbourne is such an incredible city full of art.  It’s everywhere you look…. architecture, street art, flower garden arrangements, painted buses.  You can’t escape it. 

So I devoted one entire day to walking around downtown in and out of alleyways admiring art.  This was one of my favorite days in Melbourne. 






"There's work to be done"




You can barely see me I blend in.


This was my favorite photo.






"Elephant" in the room… Keep me in your "heart"


I didn't even realize this was a door
until someone walked out of it.


In this photo you can see how huge some
of these pieces are or how it's one piece after
another stacked on top of each other.  The
artists are constantly creating new pieces
because people (tourist) draw over the art works.
They're starting to have the artists work higher up
on the second and third stories of the buildings
and leaving the lower level for people to tag.






Ganesha - "revered as the remover of obstacles,
the patron of arts and sciences and
the deva of intellect and wisdom." 


Get lost in a book, go somewhere close by you've never seen, take
a day trip, take a walk… you'll be amazed by all that you discovers.


For Em and K Bay Bay.




I absolutely loved this one.  This is
something I would hang on my wall…
in the house I don't have.




I couldn't help but think of
East Side Vegas when I saw this.


This is another one I'd display in
the house I don't have.  






Whilst setting up my camera on a garbage can for this picture
I laid my arm in garbage juice.  I then had to walk around
for the rest of the day thinking about the diseases I was
contracting through my armpit.  So. Gross!












Loved this guy and the one below.






<3


- Aspire - 






Pretty sure when I do have a house I would
like to invite local artists to come in
and turn it into a gallery.  That would
make me incredibly happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment